Saturday, May 12, 2012

what's cooking in my kitchen

OMW!!! I have to share this recipe with you. It's soooooooooo good! My youngest and I are home alone, all the others went off with Daddy, so we have been cooking up a storm here this morning. We have our supper with my in-laws tonight, and I'm in charge of dessert. I have another one that I will share with you next week. And washing dishes. I asked her if she would wipe them for me and she gives me a devilish smile and say "only if you give me some chocolate." with her sparkling blue eyes and toothless grin. I happily give her some chocolate and she happily helps me with the dishes. Apple doesn't fall far from the tree I guess! She talked my ear off the whole morning.
So what did we make????
Almond Joy Bars!!! Oh ya!!! Once your done drooling over the picture you can continue!! ;-)


 Here they are all done, just waiting for me to put the camera down and pop one into my mouth.

 Mix brown sugar, flour, sugar, and butter together

 Smoosh it down in a pan and bake it for 8 min, just to brown it up.

 Mix lots of coconut, vanilla and sweetened condensed milk together. Stir it all up and...

 plop it on top of your cooled crust. Spread it around, go ahead and take a small sample if yer into that sorta thing. Pop it in the oven and bake it a little while.

Melt some chocolate and smear it on top  of your baked coconut delishiouness. Chill it, and then cut into small pieces and enjoy!!!
Here is the recipe if ya like.
Mix
10 T soft butter
3/4 C brown sugar
1/2 t salt
2.5 C flour
Beat sugar and butter together for about 5 min to make it soft and fluffy looking. Then add flour and salt and mix so it looks like crumbly bread. Bake 350 for 8 minutes and then cool.

Mix together
28 oz coconut
28 oz sweetened condensed milk
1 t vanilla
Plop it on top of the cooled crust, and bake it at 350 for about 20-25 min. Just to firm it. Take it out and cool it.

Melt 5 C bitter sweet chocolate, and spread it on top of the bars. If you like almonds plop them on top before you spread the chocolate. Put in fridge to harden. Enjoy, that's it!!

Have a great weekend all!






5 comments:

  1. I just hopped over from Candy's blog...this recipe looks sooooooooo good! The rest of my family doesn't like coconut, so I guess I might have to eat it all by myself! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks yummy. Love coconut. Sounds like you had a nice time with your little one. Those times are so precious.

    @ 3Beeze Homestead

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousMay 13, 2012

    Oh my that sounds so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want some NOW!! I would leave off the almonds and call them Mounds Bars! YUMMMM!!

    ReplyDelete