Tuesday, May 22, 2012

updates

OK, so I have a few updates on things I've been working on, and ya'll asked me to let you know how things turned out...so here it is.
Oh and yesterday I dropped my camera in the horse's water troth while I was washing it out, so I don't know how much longer it will work. That otta almost seal the deal to get a  new one. Not cool.

Not the greatest picture of the seedlings, but it was raining on them when I took this picture. They are adapting to the outside nicely. They are almost ready to sleep outside full time and are getting huge. I can't wait to get them in the garden. The other day I got to till the garden with the tractor. That was fun! Now both gardens are ready! We made them a little bigger this year too. And we'll be planting in the next week. Memorial weekend we always plant. The earth is warm enough now for everything, and shouldn't have any more frosts. Talk to any of the old timers around and that is what they all say, to plant Memorial weekend. So that is what we do. And have always had success!


My second batch of Komboucha! The kiddos and I love it! I have just put these in the cupboard to get a little fizzy and flavored. The one on the left has blueberries in it. You can see them floating around in there! The other one is just regular. I'm still not 100% of the taste. To get it just right, so I'm playing around with it. But so far I'm happy with how it's coming along. Something new to learn!

Here is the baby blanket I've been working on. It's almost done. A few more rows to finish it off and then tuck in all the loose strings that you can see hanging out! The pattern was new to me, but once I got it figured out and didn't want to poke out my eyes with the knitting needle it want quite well. ;-) The rows look like they area at an angle. Kinda cool!
So there you have it. 3 very different things going on at my house. Have a great day all!

6 comments:

  1. I've never tried Komboucha...I am quite sure my husband would think I went off the deep end if I tried making it. :) Maybe someday....
    Your blanket is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rebekah- funny! my husband is used to the crazy things I do. He's even tried it!
      Thanks about the blanket! I love to knit them!

      Delete
  2. Sorry about your camera, hope it keeps on working. I dropped mine in the water trough last week and it died...
    On a brighter note, love the baby blanket, great color and pattern!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I'm getting that you are kind of bummed about the camera? Getting a new one sounds like a pretty good deal. Too bad you dropped it. That would be something I would do. I lost my keys once at the marina to them falling out of my hoodie pocket while I was leaning over the edge of the pier. Lucky for me I wasn't that far out on it and had a normal key. (not one of those ones that has the computer chip in it.) Lucky you two gardens. How sweet is that! The little blanket is beautiful.

    @ 3Beeze Homestead

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally bummed about the camera. Sometimes it works and sometimes doesn't. But my MIL let me borrow her older one, she just got a new one...so for now...

      Delete
  4. Sorry about your camera, but your plants look great and the baby blanket is awesome! BTW, I finally got PW's cookbook!

    ReplyDelete