Sunday, May 27, 2012

sheepish

I have had so much going on here I don't know where to start! I've only had a few minutes here and there to blog or rather to read a post or two. My camera is still working, so far. I'm hopeful that it will work for the parade tomorrow. I need pics of my boy! Not the first time he's in the parade, but his first year with the Boy Scouts. Anywho. So what to share first?
 I know, how bout some nudity! Get your mind outta the gutter, it's sheep sheering time!

 Here's Daisy. Where she's black my man decided to get her done first. Ya those are hand held sheers. All man power. She's our Romney Finn. He ended up sheering her in the horse barn. It was really hot.

 Oh look at that wool!!!!! So nice, and right chalk full of lanolin!
Now it's Minty's turn. She's out Finn sheep. Daisy, her buddy, bleated the whole time. Big mouth that one is. She was done outside. Just pointing out the obvious!
NO he's not putting his weight on her in this picture. He's sliding his hand down to start the nest area of sheering. I love the color of her wool! See her nose sticking out?!
Now today they were both happy and much cooler, and now I have some wool.
Have a great evening everyone. I'll have more to come on what I've been up to lately, but not tonight!!

5 comments:

  1. The way the wool comes off of the sheep has always been an amazing thing to me. Something I guess about the way it seems to slide away in one piece. I'll bet they are so much cooler without that thick layer of wool all around them.

    @ 3Beeze Homestead

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like quite the chore! I bet they feel like a million bucks now! What do you do with the wool? Do you spin it yourself? To make something from your own sheep, what a treasure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll bet your sheepies are VERY glad to be nekkid, much cooler! Have fun with your beautiful wool! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That looks like a lot of work! Hope you get some good parade pics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! Do you spin it yourself, or send it out?

    ReplyDelete