Thursday, May 3, 2012

camp out

About a week or so ago my boy went on an overnight camp out with the cub scouts, and some boy scouts. They were in a cow pasture on one of the cub scout leaders back yard. How cool is that for a boy?! They got to camp out with no adults in the tent with them and they even had a camp fire, but had some supervision with that. They had to bring food and cook it on the camp fire too. Yup they had to do their own cooking and washing their own plates. We were so thankful that the rain held off on that Saturday mid morning when he left. They went on a nature hike as well. It did rain during the night, but they managed to stay mostly dry! Then Sunday morning it was drizzly. He had lots of fun and the experience and responsibility for him was a good one! My man went and got him early Sunday morning and on their way home he called and asked if I could make some hot tea for them. They were a little damp from the clean up. I did. Once home he told me all about the fun he'd had. I was so pleased he was able to go and had fun!



Have a great night all!

7 comments:

  1. Oh... reminds me of camping out when I was a kid. I miss cooking bacon in a cast iron pan over a campfire. I have to remember to revive that practice this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great experience for him AND lots of fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what fun for those guys! Years ago some of my kids and their kids camped out way in the back of our property. It was a lot cheaper than campgrounds and it was a blast having them out there. I wish more boys could have the opportunity to camp out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That does sound fun! So glad to hear he had a good time. What a great experience!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aaawwww! That must have been sooo fun for him!

    ReplyDelete