Thursday, June 23, 2011

fire pit

My sister called me up one day and asked me what I thought about her getting my other sister a fire pit for Christmas. I thought that it sounded like a great idea! They often have a "campfire" in their tree stump that they have been burning. I said I didn't even know they had those. I know sheltered life in the country. We chatted about it for a while then chatted about other things. Probably about Christmas and how I wasn't even close to being ready for it! I never gave it another thought. Then when we had Christmas with my parents I got the fire pit and fire sticks to cook things on! I was surprised and excited to use it! But I would have to wait, and that seemed like a very long time.
 And then the other night we finally got the fire pit out!! Oh and my sister has a knack for finding these marshmallows on steroids too. I have never seen them so big! I still have no idea where she gets them. Well the kiddos had some left over so I dug them out and roasted marshmallows in the fire pit while My Man read a book to us all. Then we just sat around out camp fire and chatted about our days. We watched and listened to the farm critters. What one of my sisters calls "farm TV." I love that expression. As it got darker we could see the lightening bugs coming out, and the kiddos started chasing them around the yard. Some managed to catch them, and I tried to get a picture but it didn't come out, but a very small light on the camera. It was a nice evening to sit and relax by the fire and chat as a family, and listen to the kiddos giggle as they tried to catch lightening bugs. We didn't get them to bed until almost 10 pm. For my farm kiddos that's late, but we were having fun, and nights like those are just too fun to end!

this is the book

giant marshmallows, fire and sicks! we are set now!

the cheeks! 

how long do I cook this?

mmmm. it's almost as big as she is!!

that's fun in the country!


takin it easy with my man!
Thank you to my sister for all the camp fires we are going to have and memories we are able to make! Come on over for a marshmallow roast soon!!

2 comments:

  1. There is nothing like a fire to soothe the soul. Enjoy your pit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cozy country fun! Definitely my kind of entertainment!!

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete