Friday, February 17, 2012

what's cooking in my kitchen

Anyone who's followed my blog for any length of time knows that I have a love affair with chocolate. Yup it's true, I do. I just love it, just about in any form. My husband is OK with this too.
The recipe I'm going to show you I love for three reasons. First, it's the best (in my opinion) homemade recipe for chocolate brownies. I've made several, and none of them compare to these wonderfully chocolaty, gooey, satisfy any craving for chocolate you may have, thick, chewy brownies, EVER! Second it's throw it all in one bowl,  beat it, throw it in the oven and wa-la! Third it's simple to make. I don't even like the "box" brownies I used to love. Had some and threw the piece I had in the trash. I'm now officially a brownie snob ;)
My sister in law (believe it or not she has a name) I hang out with quite a bit came over once with them. OMW they were so good. I got the recipe from her who got it from a different friend. And I have no idea where she got the recipe. Follow that?
So on with the pictures. You remember this picture? Yup these are the ones I'm talkin 'bout!

 Finished product! Oh so good!

 To make them, just put everything in your mixing bowl. Beat it well. Then...

Put it in a 9x9 pan and bake it. I like to sprinkle some chocolate chips on top. Just because I'm crazy like that.
Here is the recipe if you want it.

Homemade Brownies
2 C sugar
4 Eggs
1 tes Vanilla
1 1/4 C flour
1 C butter (melted)
3/4 C cocoa
1/4 tes salt

Put it in a mixing bowl, I love my Kitchen Aid, and beat it really well. Put it in a 9x9 pan and bake at 350 for 40 minutes, or until a knife comes out clean. If you want a a 9x13 make a batch and a half. They are really thick.
 Simple. Easy. Wonderful. Yup all of the above!


3 comments:

  1. Yum, yum and double YUM!! The chocolate chips are the piece de resistance (ya' gotta imagine the French accent there)! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drooling.... SO , going to make those tomorrow!! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Candy C- Funny. I can see the french in there;)

    Kelly's Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete