OK, so I'm not evil, but I did make these wonderful little things...
Krispie Kremes? Yup! I made them this morning. It takes some time to make them. But they are relatively easy to make. Now don't go and roll your eyes at me because I said that and I seem to say they a lot, but I do think they are easy. I like foods that are easy to make, and have everything I need to make it in my cupboard. I hate buying a list of ingredients for one thing and then not using it for anything else. Know what I mean?
SO let's cook!
|Then you fry 'em.|
Then you roll em in a glaze, or sugar and cinnamon, or sugar and vanilla or whatever your heart desires! My kiddos like glaze so that is what I did.
One last look!
I found the recipe to be weird, read it and you'll find out why. Not all the ingredients are listed by the cup but by the ounce. I think that's weird. Maybe it's just me. So you might want a scale!
8 oz flour
1 egg, beaten
1/2 t salt
1 oz butter, soft
3T boiling water
11/2 oz Castor sugar (I just used the sugar I use for everything, and it was fine. Have no idea what Castor sugar is!)
1. Measure water in pan. Boil. Add milk, 1t sugar and yeast. Stir, and let sit 10 min.
Put the rest of the sugar, salt, & flour in a bowl and rub in butter (I just cut it in).
2. Then pour beaten egg, and frothy yeast into flour mixture. Stir to mix. If it seems dry add 1t warm water at a time.
3. Turn dough out and knead for 10 minutes. Want it to feel elastic. Then put in bowl and cover. Let sit about 1 hr until double in size.
4. Punch down, get air bubbles out. Divide into 24 balls.
5. Fry about 2 min until golden brown.
Glaze: 1/3 C butter
11/2 t vanilla
2 C powdered sugar
4T warm water-or as needed
Have a great day all!