Friday, June 1, 2012

oooooooo lala

Raise your hand if you like to be pampered!! (Raising my hand).

 That said I'm not a girly girl. I don't mind getting dirty, and usually have hay chaff in my hair, or down in my clothing. I only wear a dress on Sunday to church, or some other dress up occasion, but with some grumbling. I do like to wear make up. And I love my flat iron for my hair. I mean love it!!! It does amazing things to keep my hair under control and not look like I was caught in a frizz storm. Only took me many years to figure out the secret of nice even straight hair, thanks to my SIL. I paint my toe nails in the summer. I wear earrings. Who doesn't like a little pampering once in a while?!
 Now what makes me say ooooooo lala??? I'll show ya.
It's this
What is it? You wonder? Looks funny.



It's homemade body scrub!!! It's called Brown Sugar Boy Scrub!! OMW!! It's amazing. Smells good too, but the best part is it makes your skin so soft!! I've used it and wanted to share it. These things are so expensive in the stores, so I looked it up. I like to save money, and use natural products! Well the one I chose was the Domino Sugar one. You can eat everything that's in it, I didn't, but you could. Better still I had everything in my cupboards to make it, and usually do! Bonus!
Here's the recipe if you like things like this. It's well worth the little amount of time it takes to mix it up. I mean workin all day on the farm, and you stink like poop, and sweat. Who wants to go to bed smelling like that? Not me. Just hop in the shower and tada!! Silky smooth skin ;-)

**Not sure if it would affect allergies and all that. It's got nuts in it, so use your own judgement there.**

Brown Sugar Body Scrub
1/2 C finely ground almonds
1/2 C finely ground oatmeal
1/2 C brown sugar
1/2 C almond oil (or olive oil)
1 t vanilla
Ground up almonds and oatmeal in a blender. Add rest. Mix well. Want it to be like a paste. Too dry add more wet. Too wet, add more dry.
Put in a jar and use in the shower!

Have a great night all!







6 comments:

  1. OOOH girl, thanks for sharing I am trying this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a neat "spa" treatment! I'll bet it does smell divine! Thanks for sharing this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooohhh, yum! Looks good enough to eat. I need to make some. You sound like me with all the farm smells and wearing hay and all. It is nice to pamper yourself every now and then. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great recipe! I love to hear about natural things we can use instead of all the other expensive things on the shelves! Just came across your blog and becoming a follower! I love the farm life.....from one sweetie to another....Roxie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to the farm! Glad you stopped by and now follow.

      Delete