Wednesday, October 31, 2012

whats cooking in my kitchen..and stuff

So we made it through the storm just fine. It really wasn't bad at all. I know other areas were hit  very hard and my prayers are with them. Had some good down pours, wind, and thunder storms, but never lost power! We were ready for it though! Very thankful for that. The kiddos were hoping we would loose power. They like the adventure of it!

But on a more fun note one of my sisters came over yesterday and we did some cooking. Well actually we did some frying of food! Yummy! Can't do that very often though ;-) But even better we had a good visit and I love to see her and to cook with her is fun too! She cooks tons like me, and enjoys it!
But about 7pm we decided that we wanted/needed some chocolate! So we whipped up these bad boys...

                                                Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies!!

Who does that? Oh right I do!! hehe
They are really good, but super rich and I wouldn't want a whole 9x13 pan in my house all for me and my family. My sister took some with her to share. Phew! I would recommend them for a get together with lots of people to help you eat  them! We got the recipe from Brown Eyed Baker.
So if you have a get together or just wanna get a little crazy here is the recipe...

Brownies
4 oz chocolate finely chopped
1 C butter soft
2 t vanilla
4 eggs
1 C flour
2 C brown sugar
Preheat the oven 350.
***DO THIS STEP.  I REPEAT, DO THIS STEP*** Tinfoil a 9x13 pan, then grease the tinfoil.  These brownies will stick bad to the pan if you don't!!!!!
Melt choc. In a bowl beat sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, dump in melted chocolate, add the rest. 
Bake for 25-30 minutes or until knife comes out clean. Cool.

Cookie Dough
3/4 C sugar
3/4 C brown sugar
3/4 C soft butter
11/2 C flour
3 T milk
11/2 C mini chocolate chips
Cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add milk and vanilla, and flour. Mix well! Stir in mini chocolate chips.
Spread on the cool brownies and put in the fridge for 1 hr before cutting. Enjoy

Yes we do eat good for you food like salads, but who really wants another salad recipe?! Maybe I'll post something good for you next time, but I just wanted to tempt you with these brownies...if you can be tempted! Hahaha
Have a great day all!






6 comments:

  1. Happy Halloween.....so glad you and the animals made it through the storm o.k........great.....Mmmmmm.. Brownies......Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I'll bet they are rich!! Whenever I make chocolate chip cookies, I HAVE to eat some of the dough! :)
    Glad ya'll came through the storm okay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I just gained five pounds LOOKING at that hunk o' deliciousness! I wouldn't dare make it, but boy, oh, boy, does it look good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, boy. Yum! I tend to make double batches of such things and freeze half the dough. Except, like Candy said, I can't resist eating the cookie dough! Even when I hide it in the back of the freezer, I know it's there and somehow it slowly gets nibbled away! ;)
    -Jaime

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was happy to find your blog today! I'm a regular reader of Happily Married to the Cows and found you there ;) Thanks for following me back!! Do you have an RSS feed by the way? I'd love to put your blog in my Google reader.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tracey-I have no idea if I have a RSS feed or not. I don't even know what that is to be honest. I'm not that thecno!!!

      Delete