Monday, October 15, 2012

what's cooking in my kitchen

Lots and lots this time of year. I've been baking up a storm and eating it all with wild abandon! Boy I'm glad I work out to keep it all off too. I believe in eating whatever I want...in moderation. I like exercise and have 4 kiddos to stay healthy for. And my Man too!
Anyways after making and eating these brownies you may or may not like me!
They are called  The Brownie or The Very Chocolate Brownie. Either way they are amazing. I would like to point out that there is less butter and sugar in these compared to the other brownie recipe I shared. And those are amazing too. So

 I super sized the picture! Mmmmmmmmmm. This was actually the next day because the pic I took when I made them, didn't look so good. It was 8pm and the lighting is off on all the pics, but you get the picture! Here you can see the chunks of chocolate in there. When hot they are oooy gooey melt in your mouth amazing. These will satisfy any chocolate craving you have!

 SO how do we make these wonderful, fat filled, amazing little gems? You wonder?  Watch an learn.
Bring just to a boil water, sugar, and butter. Turn off heat and dump in some chocolate. Stir until chocolate is melted.

 Mix flour and baking soda.

 Mix eggs and vanilla.

 Dump egg mixture into melted chocolate, mix well. Dump flour mixture into chocolate mixture. Mix well. Dump in more chocolate.  Mix well.

Dump into a greased 9x13 pan and bake in a preheated oven at 325 for 35-40 minutes. But undercooked is the best way to eat brownies. But that's just me talking here;)

Now here is the recipe if ya want it. One last look at them before you run to the cupboard and make them for your selves!  If ya dare... It's actually a Taste of Home recipe. Who ever created them is genius in my book!


The Brownie or The Very Chocolate Brownie
11/2 C sugar
2/3 C butter
1/4 C water
4 eggs
4 C chocolate chips divided into 2 C each
11/2 C flour
2 t vanilla
1/2 t baking soda

Preheat oven to 325
In a sauce pan melt butter, add water, and sugar. Bring just to a boil. Turn off heat and move and dump in 2 C choc chips to melt. Stir until melted.
 In a bowl mix flour, and soda.
In another bowl mix eggs and vanilla.
Stir in egg mixture into the choc mixture. Mix well.
Stir in flour mixture into choc/egg mixture. Mix well.
Dump in 2 more cups of choc chips and stir.
Dump into greased 9x13 pan. If your brave and love to live on the wild side stick your finger in the batter, and scoop some out and lick your finger off. Oh ya! I love to eat the raw dough. I mean who doesn't?!
 Pop it in the oven and bake 35-40 minutes. Yes this makes a nice thick brownie and is wonderful undercooked and eaten hot when the chocolate is still hot. 
There you go. Quick and easy!
 And after eating these you may want to start a work out program...or not;-)

I also have lots more cooking coming soon. I told you I've been baking lots! Not everything is sweets, so that should make you feel better!
Have a great Monday all. And a brownie will make every Monday better!


5 comments:

  1. Hello. Yum yum...looks so good...thanks for sharing...Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the taste of home magazine for awhile and didn't like it. I only made one meal out of there and it was gross, I must have picked the wrong thing to make cuz your brownies look delish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually found it online. Not in the magazine. Thanks!

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a delish brownie recipe - brownies just never get old. I could eat them every day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the supersized brownie picture!! LOL!!
    Thanks for this recipe, one can NEVER have too many brownie recipes! :)

    ReplyDelete