Monday, April 9, 2012

my weekend

Me driving the tractor in front, towing the one behind!


Pretty sweet I think!
We had to move some of our equipment out of a barn. We have a John Deere tractor we bought last fall, that we had to move. Well, it didn't want to start. So I got to drive the big tractor and tow my husband down the road! Yup I told my man "I'll tow you any day baby!!" He smiled and winked at me, and I returned it! We did get it started, but I had fun driving the big tractor! I mean it's a diesel after all. I did forget to wear ear plugs and it's really loud. The previous owner put glass packs on it. It was ssssssssooooooooo cold. I was wishing I had put on my Carharts. I had some layers on, but was still cold. But once we were done moving things around we had a fire in the stove and I had a glass of iced coffee. I know I should have had hot cocoa, but I wanted coffee! That's just me though.

We had a nice Easter. Morning chores, church, home to check on the animals, to my in-laws for a late lunch. Mmmm yummy ham, Easter egg hunt for all the kiddos, well the younger ones. There were 16 of the 17 grand children at my in laws yesterday! Yup you read that right. What a family heritage my in laws have! One was home with his parents because he was sick, poor little guy. Home for evening chores, jelly bean hunt, kiddos to bed, my man and I had a glass of wine and chilled on the couch together, by the fire place! Phew! Busy, but good!


My beautiful kiddos. They each had a new outfit for Easter Sunday! They are getting so big. Wwwwaaaahhhhhh. Love them so much it hurts. I love to see the amazing young people they are becoming. What a blessing they are to us.
Have a great day all!







5 comments:

  1. What a lovely family! You sure are blessed - they must take after their mother? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, and thanks for the compliment!

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous family! Boo to the cold weather!!!! But the chillin' in front of the fireplace with wine and the hubs sounds romantic ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly. The fire place makes the cold seem better, and wine with my man is romantic any day;)

      Delete
  3. Your children are beautiful in their Easter finery! :)

    ReplyDelete