Saturday, January 22, 2011

heart popping...

I just gotta brag for a minute so please indulge me on this. I went out to do the chores this morning. The kiddos wanted to come out with me, but I told them to wait because I didn't know how cold it would be. It was only 7:15. Well it was 6 degrees. I know I said I didn't want to look at the temps anymore, but...  I told them  they could go out later. It really wasn't a frigid 6 either. The air was still and the sun was wonderful. I opened up the door to the cow barn and Maggie looked at me as the sun came streaming in on her rump. Oh it was nice to sit and milk her this morning with the sun shining on my face and my nostrils didn't freeze shut! The man who plows our neighbors driveway stopped and hollered something to me. I peeked around Maggie and he looked surprised to see me! I guess he was expecting my husband. I smiled and told him it was nice out! Yeah we got bombarded with MORE snow yesterday. Don't know how much, we get wind up here!! Anyways I finished milking and was going to put Maggie out, well I threw out a small amount of hay, and unlocked Mags and she just looked at me NOT impressed. So I grinned and proceeded to talk to her as I  opened another bale of hay and tossed out 2 good sized flakes, and Maggie went out and happily started munching on it. I guess she told me! Well anyways I get in the house and Little Matt was putting something in the microwave. I asked him what he was doing as I stomped around the house to weigh the milk with all my winter gear on. Little Matt smiled showing off that dimple of his, and said he was making me some hot chocolate. Oh what a sweet boy I thought. He told me he knew it was cold out and he wanted to warm me up with something hot when I came in. Oh my heart grew with love. You know those moments, heart popping shall I say?! He also warned me that it was very hot and to be careful when I drank it. Knowing that his mother is a chocolate aholic he made it nice and chocolaty! I thanked him for the wonderful thought and kissed his cheek. It was good too. And yup it warmed me up before trudging back out in my famous thigh high snow drifts to the horse barn with water...

The kiddos sledding the other day in all the new snowbanks we get with the tractor! Pig pile affect! 

2 comments:

  1. awwwwww, that makes my heart pop too! Love love love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww Little Matt you are SOOOOO sweet........
    you make Nana Very proud!

    ReplyDelete